Friday, January 2, 2009

Pure Nerd

Yes, that's what they say I am here. Of course, this comes from a dating site, so I'm sure they're trying to make me feel better about myself. How that's supposed to happen I'm not sure. How, Blunoz (from whom I stole the entire concept of this post) ended up there, I'm not sure. If I were Sagey, I'd be worried!!!!!

My 'official' results are 72% Nerd, 17% Geek, and 26% Dork. I'm not sure I entirely agree with their assessment, but I'll live with it. I assumed that my dorkiness was a little lower than that. I'm waiting for the LW to take her test, but I suspect, like Blunoz' wife, she'll be absolutely normal.

Yes, that really is me to the right. From a recent holiday no less.

6 comments:

blunoz said...

How did I end up on a dating website? First I was looking at the hits on my blog on site meter. I saw I had a hit from The Sub Report, but I hadn't written anything submarine related recently, so I clicked over to the Sub Report to see what was there. There were no links in the recent news section, but down on the right side was a list of submarine bloggers, and it's organized in order of how recently each blogger has posted. I had recently posted, so I was at the top of the list. I scrolled down the list to see who else was on the list. Most of the blogs there I had heard of before, but then I came upon one I didn't recognize called "WTFO" with the most recent post titled "Surface, Surface, Surface." That sounded pretty submarine related, so I clicked on it to check it out. Five blog posts down on the WTFO blog, the 22 May entry said he took this test that told him he was a Nerd. So I clicked on the link to go take the test myself. There you have it. That's how I ended up on a dating website.

Sagey said...

I am worried, but then maybe your LW should be too. This test could just be a conspiracy cover up for you all looking for replacement wives... trophy wives... more nerd like wives... I just don't know! Oh woe is me... I am going to go cry in a corner now and plot how I can become more geek like!

Loping Squid said...

Sagey, I think the LW is safe. First, I couldn't afford a divorce. Second, we have an agreement: Death before divorce.

Blunoz, that's a pretty weak cover story, but coming from you, it's probably true. :-)

Sagey said...

Unfortunately for Blunoz we have the same agreement as you and your lovely wife. He can look all he wants but he is stuck with me. ;-) Isn't it great he made such a FANTASTIC choice in his partner for life as you did? You two are TWO VERY VERY LUCKY men! I can't think of anyone else that would put up with your nuances.

Loping Squid said...

Nuances. What a pleasant way to put it.

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Gee dear, are you sure you want to stay with me after finding out I'm a nerd??