Saturday, January 3, 2009

Morning Run.


Really need to put those screws in my shoes...

Ran past some reservoirs this morning. One of which was bone dry. But the two next to it were pretty full. I'm guessing it's some sort of flood control measure? Or maybe maintenance on the pumping system? Goodness knows we've had enough rain/ snow to put water in them.

Scared the bejeebers out of a doe. Poor thing, kept running down the path I was on to get away from me.

It was cold: 20F when I left. Not much better now, but morning is the only time to get a long run in w/o having it take over your entire day. I must not be the only one who thinks so, despite the weather, I saw another 9 runners out this morning. That plus the deer, plus two Polizei out on foot patrol with MP5s. Not that many dog walkers out this morning though, only 4. There are usually many more of them out and about.

Odd things weather can do. I left the house with about 24 oz of water. I barely touched it. Maybe I was a little better hydrated to begin the run, but I suspect the weather. In the final phases of my workup for the Stuttgart half last June, I was putting down over 24 oz of water on runs of about the same distance. During the race itself (which was unseasonably hot) I did all my water bottles, plus just about every hydration point except the first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I found your website during my planning for my move to Stuttgart. Perhaps I'll pass you on the roads. I run at Patch.
Good luck in Paris.
Fellow Runner.