Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Oh. Do you?

This is a response to my favorite blogger (besides Culinary Cowgirl) in the whole wide world. Blunoz recently related how much he loves and misses winter. Having just finished a nice tempo run here in Washington, DC I wanted to make sure Blunoz realized what 'winter' really is. Please note the following facts. The current weather at Blunoz' house is as follows: Mostly Cloudy, 73F (feels like 83F). This is the weather here: Mostly cloudy, 37F (feels like 26F).

So, while Blunoz was probably out today in shorts and a t-shirt, I ran in the following:
  • tights
  • nylon trousers to block the wind
  • a long sleeved shirt
  • a second long sleeved shirt
  • a warm jacket
  • a wind-breaking vest
  • a watch cap
  • gloves
and it was still a bit chilly. The wind was coming off the starboard quarter on the way back in and it was a bit brisk. But still, it was a nice run and I'm glad I did it.

TAKE THAT BLUNOZ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL We're on the same thought plane LS! (and I DID make it a point to mention to Blunoz on his blog just what the conditions were around our place that day too)