Monday, November 26, 2007

Turkeys

As Sagey so sagely commented earlier, I ran a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Many towns have them, and I think they mainly serve to assuage the guilt of over eating during the holidays. Mine probably worked for Thanksgiving, but did nothing for the gluttony that was Wednesday night, Friday and Saturday.

The race I ran was right in my home town. As expected, the results were not anywhere near my best, but then, that wasn't the point. I ran a respectable time, and had fun. My father ran with me. A former regular runner, he now mostly does other things for exercise, he placed 4th in his age division (no, it was not 4th out of 4). I mange about 16th in mine. My two cousins (aged 30 and 17) opted out. One for a bum knee (legitimate in my book) and one because he couldn't be ar###d to get out of bed the lazy no-goodnick. Can you figure which one was which based on age alone?

The best part about the run was the weather. The forecast was for low 40s with rain. The actual temperature was upper 50s and sunny. Couldn't beat it!

Next race: 9 December, Washington, DC.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, dear...you seemed shocked that a teenager opted out for sleep :)

Sagey said...

I would opt for sleep as well, but also being in my mid 30's I could also claim a bum knee. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. :( Glad yhou were able to get out for the Trot at least!