Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sickness

I've been a bit quiet on the writing front because I've been a bit quiet on the running front. I've had a cold, and I'm not a huge fan of running with a cold. Too much stress on the body as far as I'm concerned.

I managed to get out today for the first time in over a week. It helped that the weather was lovely down here in DC today. About 56 degrees and only a light wind. I kept the pace down and the distance short (under 3.5 miles, about 10:00 minute mile pace) and it felt relatively good. Good enough in fact that I had to hold myself back on the pace during the second half of the run.

I'm happy I felt fine as I'm running a Turkey Trot 5k back home on Thursday. I don't think I'm going to gun for a personal best though. I'll just enjoy the run.

1 comment:

Sagey said...

How was the Turkey Trot?