Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Agony of the Feet

Just a relatively normal lunchtime run today. Did the Lido Alternate return and a relatively leisurely pace (46 min and change).

I'm trying not to over due it this week for two reasons. First I have the 10k this weekend and don't want to over due it this week. Second, neither of my feet is doing particularly well. I strained my left foot about a month and a half ago (either 5-aside football or overuse or some combination). It led to a 2-week complete layoff and 3 weeks of limited running (replaced by time in gym on the cross-trainer, rowing machine and bicycle). And to top things off I stepped on a piece of glass in the kitchen with my right foot two nights ago. The good news is, neither one bothered me today. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I went to the doctor for the glass. He basically said, it probably won't show up on an X-ray if they took one (although he scheduled one for me anyway). The basic plan was just to watch it and make sure it doesn't get worse. There's no indication there's any glass still in there, just some pain if you push on it. In socks and shoes, there wasn't any pain today. We'll keep watching.

As the lovely wife would likely tell you, I missed the running while I couldn't do it. I'm not sure what I missed more the running itself or the camaraderie. I'll (unfortunately) probably find out which it was as the weeks progress. I ended up running alone today as my normal partners are now essentially gone.

Today: 4.90
This week: 9.65

No comments: