Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Still Not Home

Right.

It appears that last post drew some reaction.

First, in response to the Sagey/Blunoz double team to my ego:

Yes I admit it. I brought the Wii fit to your attention.

However, was it not the Sagey Blunoz' that tried to push the value of the X-box on me a year or so ago? ;-)

The NYT article Sagey mentioned is here.

Also, it is not just Sagey and Blunoz on a (presumably) unpaid marketing campaign on behalf of the Nintendo corporation. The LW recently reunited with her long lost best friend. Read her husband's most recent post.

5 comments:

Sagey said...

Umm, I think we waned you to get the XBox so we could play with you online...

Wow, I can't believe your friend lost 6lbs already!! I haven't lost any but I like to think I am gaining muscle... but then again the eating right thing might help more. ;-)

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Regarding Sagey's comment to your previous post: we are video game people...but we are highly competitive and try to limit our exposure to avoid divorce :)

Loping Squid said...

regarding cc's:
it's true.
- We used to play Trivial Pursuit. No More. Had pieces of "cheese" embedded in the walls of our first apartment!
- We used to play scrabble. Then we had a fist fight over two letter words. I can't believe she didn't think "qj" was a real word!
- We tried tiddly winks. Nearly lost the sight in my right eye.
- Did horseshoes at a neighborhood picnic by my parents. My Dad had to step in to prevent us from trying to get a 'ringer' on something other than the stake.
- Then there was cribbage, but she accused me of dragging wood! Can you believe that! I'd never cheat against her! ;-)

Sagey said...

OMG, I am dying here. Who knew that about you two, I don't think we have ever played a game with you. But it puts a whole new perspective on things.

Wii Fit is a one person game but it does keep track of your scores so maybe you shouldn't purchase it. :-)

Loping Squid said...

Sagey: I think when we went to your house in Monterey for the murder party you had the good sense to put us at opposite tables from one another so we couldn't talk much less compete with each other!