Wednesday, April 9, 2008

M-1R

Yes, it's been a month. I have a job. I have been running, but not blogging.

I've had a recurring problem on my runs lately. If I were driving I'd call it highway hypnotism. Twice in the past three weeks, while out on my Saturday morning long run I've found myself so engrossed in thought that I missed my turn. Seriously, my mind was so consumed with important thoughts that I ran right past where I needed to turn (the same place twice).

Here's the thing. I have no idea what I was thinking about. Even as it dawned on my I wasn't where I needed to be, you could have offered me $1,000 and I couldn't tell you what had distracted me. Must have been interesting though.

So here's a question, when you're out running, away from people what do you think about? My mind tends to wander to strange things:
-Children's television theme songs
-Mental gymnastics
-Conjugating French verbs.

*Bonus points to anyone beside Kevin who can decipher the title.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i think you are in serious need of a in-an-out burger:)-your fav cousin!

Loping Squid said...

You suck. I haven't had an In-n-Out burger in over a year... Have a double-double for me next time you go.

Mama Lizard said...

Ooooh, or even better, a double-double animal style. YUM!

Hey you! Love the blogety blog, and your humor. I miss you guys a whole bunch and then some. :o)

hugs!

The Lizard said...

With the number of M-1R's I've done spotchecks on, I have a pretty good idea ;)

BTW, I think In and Out might be lunch tomorrow!

The Lizard said...

Oh yeah...Double Double Animal Style!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so nodding my head at this post! Welcome to almost every single one of my runs that isn't a session of serious intervals/speedwork.

I always zone out, especially on long runs. Its almost as if I just "lost" the time except when I "come to" I'm all sweaty and tired. ha ha!

Can't say as I do intellectual things like conjugate french verbs...but I've succumbed to various theme songs from Playhouse Disney and Noggin. And I often get my most creative ideas for work during runs. Or I do my weird OCD multiples of 3 thing with gas station signs or house numbers.

So yea, you're not alone! :)