Saturday, September 29, 2007

Much better

I ran again today. This morning actually. Not too early though, left just before 9:30. It was a much better run. Possibly because the temperature was much cooler, about 70F I ran a bit faster (for a slow, get back into shape run) than I managed either of the two previous runs. The run was a bit longer too (5 1/4 miles). Altogether not totally displeased.

So, looking at the comments from Blunoz over my las few posts, I've decided to produce a quick list of gear/kit that I use with any regularity. As a word of caution, I am not a gadget-head, nor do I feel the need to have the top-of-the-line of everything (or anything for that matter). I fall into the 'it works for me' and the 'I don't want to spend too much' categories. So, here goes.


Shoes: Mizuno Wave Rider 10. I have a pretty neutral gait it seems, and these shoes seem to work for me so far. I recently replaced a pair of Wave Rider 9s and these new ones don't have many miles on them (only 25 so far). We'll see how I feel as they age.

Watch: Polar S120. Pretty basic features, but it works for me. I've forgotten it on this trip and am really missing it.

Music: RCA Lyra RD 1028. It took some effort to find this on the web for a link. See the comments about my HRM.

Clothing: I've pretty much got a mish-mosh of different brands and styles. Probably b/c I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I'm not wild on running tights though. I've got a pair of Under Armour shorts that I like a lot (read: no-chaffing) as well as two of their shirts. I'm particular to Adidas running shirts of which I have a few. I'm not too keen on the Nike running shirt that I have. I find it a bit rough and on longer runs painful.

That's about it.

4 comments:

blunoz said...

I really like the Under Armor shirts. I have a bunch of those for whatever type of PT I'm going to do (running or otherwise). For shorts, I just use whatever cotton running shorts I have always had - usually the "NAVY" kind they sell in the NEX.
You say the Under Armor shorts stop chafing though? I might have to try a pair of those. It wasn't normally an issue before, but now that we're in the heat and humidity in Hawaii it's become more of a problem for me.

Sagey said...

It has been 5 days since you posted about a run, have you given up running?

Sagey said...

It has been 5 days since you posted a run, have you given up running? ;-)

Loping Squid said...

You had to post twice didn't you sagey! I'll delete one later, or, maybe I'll just leave them both there so you look silly!

Anyway, if you look at the right column of the main blog page, you'll see that I've put a link there to my training log that I'm maintaining on Runner's World.com

So, I have been running, I just haven't necesarily been writing about it each time I do. Only when I think something might be (slightly) interesting. Otherwise you'd be bored to tears with my tales of: "first I moved my left leg forward, then, my right. Then I repeated this several thousand times."

Of course, dear reader, if that's really what you want. I'll do that.