Sunday, February 15, 2009

I (would have) Love(d) Paris in the Spring Time

Well, it was probably inevitable. Work has gotten in the way of the rest of my life. As I almost predicted in this post Paris is off.

I'll be away for six weeks to a locale that does not support the runs I'll need (think: climate and safety...not necessarily in that order). Since Paris would have been my first marathon, I'm not willing to go into it without doing the requisite training.

It's all a bit disappointing really. I'm going to do some shorter runs/ races in this area after I get back, and try again for the late summer/ early fall time period. Hopefully, things will be better then. As the saying goes: Hope is not a course of action.

2 comments:

blunoz said...

Sorry to hear that man. I wish you a SAFE journey in the meantime though.

Simon Anderson said...

Terrible news Squid. Just think of the pain you'll be sparing yourself!