Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Screaming Meme-ys

So, I was having a lovely conversation with the LW. with regard to memes. I remarked that I had never been 'memed.' Well low-and-behold good 'ol Pongwife up and memes me the same day. So here it is:

THE RULES:

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.


My personal exemption: I'm breaking rule #4 and thereby #5, b/c I don't know enough bloggers who aren't already on the list. (By the way, Pongwife, you broke rule 5.)

Here they are:


1. When I was in junior high school I got detention for defacing school property.

2. My family is descended from marauding vikings that raped and pillaged their way through England. Stopping only when they got bored and had looted anything of value. (We tried to reprise this when we lived there, but found out that behavior is now frowned upon.)

3. I played the bass clarinet in the school band. But not the marching band. Don't get any ideas.

4. I had to stop taking ballet in the fourth grade after an unfortunate accident that involved my partner falling on her head.

5. My favorite movie is How to Make an American Quilt.

6. My prenuptial agreement with my wife's family included a clause requiring me to renounce all ties to PETA and Greenpeace.

7. Guess what. Not all 6 of the above are true! (You'll have to guess which are.)

Here's a hint. Upon reading Number 5, the LW said: "Why does it disturb me so much that you even know this movie exists?" My response, after which she needed the smelling salts: "Why are you surprised? I think Winona Ryder did a great job in that movie."

No comments: